question

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii asked

DESS without solar

Hi, is DESS usable without solar?
I did turn it on, but the Battery is not being charged even tough the Price is low. 0.02€ and the SOC is 27%. Should it not charge if price is low and use battery if price is high?

dynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

ESS isn't supported without PV, though you can install it to access the mechanisms it provides.

I have asked for clarity, I am not sure if this scenario was considered or not.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Feedback is as expected. In theory it should work without PV but this was not tested so may not work as desired.

0 Likes 0 ·
mryoshii avatar image mryoshii nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Ok thanks, I will give it a try. Is there any way to report my experience with it to improve DESS without solar?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ mryoshii commented ·
Just add your comments to the DESS topic in Q&A.

I should add that there are users doing this without PV and, apparently, successfully.

Always make sure you are up to date on the GX code.

It is also worth staying informed with fixes/changes that first get tested in beta venus OS.

1 Like 1 ·
zonnigbreda avatar image
zonnigbreda answered ·

I use DESS with dynamic pricing and without solar for a month now.

I found it to work well, and after a month my energy bill was € -24 :-) while consuming 150kWh

1 comment
2 |3000

seimon avatar image seimon commented ·

Any tips? Because I am seeing the same issue as OP - it just runs the battery down and stops! Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·