question

wanderingroots avatar image
wanderingroots asked

Multiplus -II won't turn on - "initialising" on APP

Hi community,

I have done some searching without finding definitive answers. I build vans and one of my customers is having an issue with their Multiplus-II 12/3000/120.

On their 1 month road trip the issue occurred twice - when trying to turn the unit on using the APP they cannot get past the "initialising" phase and the unit stays off. As I found in a different post, disconnecting the power and cycling through a maze of different patterns is the "solution." Having tried this it largely is ineffective. The only cure I have found is to wait at least thirty minutes with the electrical system off before it "randomly" fires up. This solution is pretty unacceptable for me.

Products in the van are 2x Lithium 100ah victron batteries with the Victron VE.Bus BMS V2.

Any help with the issue is greatly appreciated, additionally perhaps the unit is just faulty?

Thanks!

Charlie

Multiplus-II
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@wanderingroots

Hi Charlie,

What exactly are they using to connect to the inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
wanderingroots avatar image wanderingroots Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Apologies if I didn't supply enough info. For connecting to the inverter we are using the Victron Connect App.
0 Likes 0 ·
wanderingroots avatar image wanderingroots wanderingroots commented ·
Oops also forgot to mention I am using the VEbus Smart Dongle
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
amcarter333 avatar image
amcarter333 answered ·

Assuming you mean the VictronConnect app, it is not meant to be used to start the Multiplus. Powering up a Multiplus is done by: 1) the toggle switch on the box; a remote DMC (Digital Multuplus Control) panel (if one is installed). The VictronConnect app is only meant to be used for managing the initial configuration setup, upgrading firmware, or verifying / changing the settings that control the Multiplus.

For anyone to help you on this, it's essential that you accurately and completely describe all Victron equipment in this system, whether it has ever worked in the past, the current Firmware # and app version #, what if any wiring, DIP switch or setting changes have been made. Otherwise, it would be much better if you hired someone who has experience installing and maintaining this system.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wanderingroots avatar image wanderingroots commented ·

Hey there, sorry if I didn't supply enough information.

So yes, I am using the Victron Connect App with the VEbus Smart Dongle to allow access to the Multiplus via bluetooth. The rocker switch is in the On position (rocked towards the front, position I). The words directly from the datasheet for the unit state that when using the VEbus smart dongle "VE.Bus Smart Dongle Measures battery voltage and temperature and allows monitoring and control with a smart phone or otherBluetooth enabled device." Having installed these several times before I can confidently say that the Victron Connect App absolutely can control the unit and it has worked 99% of the time except for these two occasions.

I don't have the unit in front of me to access all of the settings that are currently on it, so I can't be much more specific than that with Firmware and App version at this time. I can reach out to the folks I am trying to help and potentially get that info if it is necessary. I won't be hiring someone to do this as I live far from any such service, I am certain I am capable enough to get there on my own with the advice of others in the community.

0 Likes 0 ·