question

darren-baker avatar image
darren-baker asked

Mppt solar controller output shut off protection question

Hi I have just bought a 100ah lifepo4 battery and 2x 100w panels. It will be used mainly to charge my fridge and other electrics when camping. I am looking at the 75/15 controller and my question is does this have automatic protection or output settings where it will shut off the the output to the fridge if the battery gets too low? Im worried I will run the battery flat and kill it. TIA

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Darren Baker

The MPPT has a programmable load output.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Manual_BlueSolar_MPPT_75-10_up_to_100-20/en/features.html#UUID-c2b1f357-ff37-9fae-5bfa-a8ba2185fd92

Since you have lifepo4 though, it is not as serious as lead acid. But obviously you want it to shut off before the BMS shuts down.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
You can open Victron connect and go to the demo library and try out the feature to see what is settable before even buying the product. It uses voltage.
0 Likes 0 ·