question

luppensg avatar image
luppensg asked

Max charge current with or withouth Weak AC enabled.

Good day,

I cannot find information about the consequences on the DC charge current, when Weak AC is on or off.

On my Quattro 48/10000-140, when Weak AC is enabled, the maximum charge current is as low as 75A (instead of 140A) ! Is this normal?

The power factor (on the generator) only drops from 0,99 to 0,86 so I would not expect a drop in charge current like that.

Thanks

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Yes that is normal. Weal ac input uses different pfc algorithms.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Weak AC by nature means it can't support the max charge current wanted. Since it will collapse in voltage and frequency. Or PF as mentioned.

So yes, very expected. The system is doing what you told it to.

It can eventually ramp up to full charge current if the source allows it to without distortion of the waveform.

See here as well.

1 Like 1 ·
luppensg avatar image luppensg Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for this information!

Can I say that, if Weak AC is activated, but the incoming waveform is very good, the inverters will again ramp up the chargecurrent?

So the PF is dynamic?

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas luppensg commented ·
No. As long as weak AC is selected, the inverter will continue to use the alternate algorithm, which will reduce available charge current.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic