question

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack asked

cannot find SetupHelper tar

I am trying to follow the blind install instructions and I am getting "404 File not found"

gui mods
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack answered ·

@kwindrem, I am trying to get a new Cerbo GX loaded with the current SetupHelper. I have gone into Github and tried to follow the 'blind install' section. The links in the procedure go to a '404 File not Found' page.

I have tried to search for the venus-data.tgz file and could not find it.

I do not do software updates all the time and I am concerned that I am making a simple mistake. I was running an earlier version of your software but I have now updated the Cerbo GX software to version v3.30.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

If the cerbo is connected to Internet you can try the command line install

2 |3000

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack answered ·

I checked back on Github today, and the broken links appear to have been fixed. I also found out some other information that I would like to share.

I had been running Gui mods and had configured my generator controls to use the ExtTransferSwitch controls. All of this had been working well.

Last fall, I figure out a circuit to give me a generator cool down period. Many of the suggestions that the community had for using the Victron software to get a cool down period only worked when using ESS. I am in the United States and ESS was not recommended for use here.

In early February 2024, I had some issues with my Cerbo GX and had to update the software. This update evidently caused issues with the software that @kwindrem had written. He apparently has worked hard to correct the issues. I do very little programming myself, but what little that I do makes me respect the talent, skill, and hard work that programmers go through when software issues raise their ugly heads.

In the interim, I decided to stay with the stock Victron software for awhile to let some of the incompatibilities work themselves out. But there was one software feature that I had come to rely on and I thought I would share the Node Red solution that I came up with.

I travel full time in an RV and connect to whatever power that is available. With Gui Mods, when I ran my generator, the AC 1 Input Power limit was automatically changed to my generator setting, and when the generator shutdown, the original setting was restored. I would guess that the updated version of Gui mods has restored that functionality, and I may return to it in the future.

The attached flow does something similarly. When I connect to Shore Power, I have to use the Touch 50 or a remote console to go into the menu and adjust the Input Current Limit. When the generator runs, my flow reads the present Shore Power current limit before changing to the generator limit and restores the setting when the generator turns off. I will use this for a while and see where the other software modifications that @kwindrem and others go.

Cheers to all.

InputCurrentLimitControl.txt

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic