question

karel avatar image
karel asked

Multiplus II 48/3000/35 & pylontech battery

Hi people, I installed a Multiplus II 48/3000/35 with a 2.4kw pylontech battery and a smart solar charger fed by 3.2kwh of PV panels. During installation I first had the PV to Smart Solar charger to Pylontech batteries connected and the battery was charged thru the expected cycle of Bulk then Absorption and finally Float. This cycle repeated for many days and all seemed in order. Once the Multiplus was connected the charging cycle has changed to Bulk and then Absorption. It never reaches float any more, does not matter which charging MODE setting in ESS I choose. I also notice from the downloaded .xls kwh files that the power delivered/fed from the battery is about 18% of the power fed to the battery either via grid or PV. not sure if this is normal. I know this is a brief explanation, happy to supply more detail if required.

Thanks

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dennis avatar image
dennis answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

karel avatar image
karel answered ·

Thanks for the feedback, I would still like to know if the efficiency numbers makes sense. As mentioned, measured over a period I calculated the kwh charging the battery was 82 kwh where during that same period only 18 kwh was consumed by any loads. If this is normal I believe one should just keep the Pylontech as close to 100% and use only in emergencies.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic