question

frantiseksobotka avatar image
frantiseksobotka asked

maximum export power and maximum charge power not respected

Hello together,

I am testing DESS from the beginning, each verison. Unfortunatelly not so intensively bacuse the system still needs from my point of view improvements to be fully developed.

I see mainly these troubles with:

1. not possible to setup different SOC for DESS calculations and further usage of the battery

2. DESS does not respect grid set point - eg. -200W in case of no import, no export

3. System calculate only till 00:00 as is should be the end of the world....:)

I belive that all these points are already well adressed and will be solved soon :)

Main problem I have with the export power. The system is exporting almost 12kW and I have specify max export power to 6kW, also I tried to modify max. discharge power to 6kW. No improvemt, still exporting full speed. Only solution is to limit max. geed-in in ESS to 6kW. That is what I am using just now.

But this is not what I want. In case that battery is full I want to feed in all PV power. Over 6kW will be used by heating system....but for DESS calculation I need to keep specified limits....

latest v3.3-18, ESS updated.

portal ID> 48e7da891f5b

Thank for feedback.

img-5191.pngimg-5190.png

dynamic ess
img-5191.png (294.0 KiB)
img-5190.png (217.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Thanks for the feedback, but please post beta questions on the dedicated thread here https://community.victronenergy.com/articles/266992/dynamic-ess-on-beta-vrm-part-5.html

First check it is not already a known issue. Thanks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.