question

Tony avatar image
Tony asked

Cerbo GX with no HDMI output

I have tried connecting several monitors with HDMI inputs to to my Cerbo GX, I swapped the HDMI cables but still no sign of a signal. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Other than the HDMI output everything else appears to be functioning fine on the Cerbo.

cerbo gxhdmi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Tony If you search the forum you will find a number of threads on the topic. It is designed for the GX Touch devices and unsupported on anything else. The cable carries touch screen input signals, which may not be compatible with your tv etc. There are mixed results out there so maybe do a quick search on cerbo hdmi ;)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony avatar image
Tony answered ·

I have read several threads on here and the only thing you loose is the touch screen functions. The HDMI should output the video signal irrespective of lack of input. I appreciate what you are saying but there should still be a video output. I have checked the aspect ratio and resolution and these are set up correctly.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

I have never tried this personally, although have at least one customer who has a TV connected to his. Have you tried it on another TV or PC monitor? Otherwise, definitely not my area of expertise and maybe the modifications section is best for this thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Moved the original post to modifications. Will close the duplicate.

2 |3000

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

If you just connect it, on the fly, then it doesn't work.

I have the impression that at boot time the system checks for monitor presence and acts accordingly. Or vice-versa, I don't know...

I've also had this problem with a 7" display and after I rebooted the Cerbo, after a while, after boot, the monitor started to work.

The monitor is this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003539330174.html

2 |3000

Tony avatar image
Tony answered ·

Thanks for your help, I followed your instructions and it's working now working.

2 |3000

Related Resources