question

b40solar avatar image
b40solar asked

2 X MP-II's 48/500-70 OFF-GRID RV

Current Setup:

(1) 32A Victron Autotransformer

(2) MP-II 48/5000-70 (Configured in Split phase)

(5) Pytes V5 5.12KwH Batteries

(3) 150/35 MPPT

(2800 Watts solar)

I chose to install a Victron Autotransformer between the 5.5Kw Onan Genset and the RV's Auto Transfer Switch, enabling passthrough from the generator on both MP-II's. This is proven to be a problematic situation and the Victron Autotransformer should not be used for this purpose.

I am going to remove the Autotransformer from the system and parallel the genset hot legs into L1 of the ATS (Auto Transfer Switch), that way when generator is running, only one MP-II will have passthrough and charging for the system, and the 2nd MP-II will remain on "INVERTER MODE".

I am going to move breakers around in the RV's AC distribution panel so that all sensitive electronic equipment will always be on L2 "INVERT ONLY" except when plugged into 50A shore power, both MP-II's will function in passthrough and charging functions. In my experience, the power from these generators can be problematic down stream with sensitive equipment, making Victron end user's upset

-----QUESTION-----

Will the L2, created by the inverter, still be "In-Phase" with L1 from the generator? Does the MP-II create this automatically?50a-rv-with-single-phase-generator.png

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers