question

snoobler avatar image
snoobler asked

Why did Multiplus II restart automatically several hours after 3X failed restarts ?

I am posting on behalf of a user on another forum that was unable to sign up due to captcha issues (edited and paraphrased):

Battery depleted overnight.

In the morning when the solar chargers started up, the Multiplus II tried to restart a few times and then shut down. likely because the heat pump remembered its last running state and would also attempt to restart, dragging the battery pack back down.

The MPII remained off for a little over nine hours. During this time, the MPPT fully charged the battery. In the evening, the cutoff switch to the heat pump was pulled. The inverter instantly restarted without having to manually reset it.

Does anyone know why the inverter would do that rather than require a manual reset? I am glad that it did, I am just curious why. It’s as if the inverter was monitoring what loads were attached to it, recognized the “problem load” had been removed, and then restarted.

Multiplus-IIrestart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
Thanks. From his perspective, he wasn't able to post.

Got an answer? :)

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ snoobler commented ·
It probably went into the moderation queue initially, tends to happen on new, unverified accounts.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic