question

j-calvin-marks avatar image
j-calvin-marks asked

MultiPlus II overload immediately when turned on

I have a MultiPlus II 12v/120v connected to 12v LiFePO4 batteries (four 100ah CHINS). It has worked flawlessly for 2 years now in our bus conversion. When I switched the inverter on this evening, it immediately set the Overload light. The only load that might have been applied was a pair of 15w LED light fixtures. I turned the inverter back off, flipped the main breaker off, and tried again, same Overload light.

Connected the bus to a separate generator, and everything works as expected (so I believe I can rule out any shorts in the electrical system, otherwise I assume it would have either tripped the generator's 20a breaker or started a fire).

Troubleshooting in the Manual for the Overload light only suggests to "reduce the load." Where should I start looking to solve this?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If it goes into overload without any loads connected than the unit might be faulty. You should contact the seller from whom you bought it.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

j-calvin-marks avatar image j-calvin-marks commented ·
I purchased it over two years ago, so I doubt the seller is going to do anything.

I tried again a few days later, and it started just fine, no issues. I loaded it up with a 1,500 watt load to test, handled it fine. Worked fine for a few days. Then a few days later, it's back to the same issue, overload right away when switched on.

Should I be talking to Victron directly for a warranty claim?
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ j-calvin-marks commented ·

No, the supplier it came from is responsible for that. You can lookup who that is via the victron support page.

0 Likes 0 ·