question

lewis avatar image
lewis asked

Overload with low load

Good afternoon.

Does anyone know why one of my 10kva Quattro inverters (3 phase set up) has gone into overload with a load of just 600 watts.

I have checked the manual and it says that overloads can be caused by other things apart from actual load but it doesn't specify what they could be.

Many thanks

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is your battery healthy? One of the common causes can be DIY batteries as an example, but there are many causes and without a detailed overview of your setup and configuration, supported by some charts from VRM, it is guesswork.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lewis avatar image
lewis answered ·

Hi thanks for the reply.

We are currently running 100ah Leoch batteries (10 in total) on a 3 phase set up. This is charged via a diesel generator.

I believe all the batteries are in good State of health.

Thanks.

screenshot-5.png screenshot-6.png

screenshot-5.png (89.4 KiB)
screenshot-6.png (92.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Post the battery and current charts, as well as DCL, CCL BMS limits chart, and cell min/max. It helps eliminate that.

Is it permanently in this state, or intermittently?

If it is constant, disconnect the output and see if it persists.

0 Likes 0 ·
lewis avatar image
lewis answered ·

Unfortunately I'm not with the system, so limited to VRM data.

It appears to be intermittent ( happened twice in last hour but fine before then)

It looks like the overload happened when the generator was on, so could be faulty inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

All this is accessible as advanced widgets in VRM.

A constrained genset could contribute, that is another variable.

Without access to all the data, it could be many things. It is unlikely a faulty inverter would have an intermittent overload, particularly if without the generator it runs fine off battery.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic