question

pennysr avatar image
pennysr asked

Victron Orion Remote On/Off

I need to install a the remote on/off feature, right now, I literally just have an interrupt switch.

I know the wire I can tap in my vehicle that will not be active when the vehicle is off but I am not sure about the wiring, right now, the new converters just have a jumper so I assume I need another wire, just not sure what to do.

Any ideas?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The wiring is in the manual, quite a few options. But usually it's removed the jumper and connect your signal to H.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pennysr avatar image pennysr commented ·
So i guess the manual is pretty decent? I find it odd that i can't find it anywhere, i see a basic instruction sheet but not the full thing. As long as it comes with something more than what I'm seeing online, I can probably figure it out. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ pennysr commented ·
The manuals are all accessible from the product page, you'll need to select your Orion, then change from data sheet to manuals.

https://www.victronenergy.com/dc-dc-converters

The older DC:DC converters have very basic manuals, but the newer ones are excellent. Should have been one in the box.

0 Likes 0 ·