question

paulbfelix avatar image
paulbfelix asked

MPPT 150/100 - Not listed in Victron Ap

I've been using an MPPT 150 for a few years without issue. Recently the device stopped showing up in the victron app. When I refresh the app devices, the MPPT is not listed. I've followed all of the instructions for troubleshooting such as making sure the device is not connected other devices. I also read through the manual, but did not find any relavent instructions.

How can I get the MPPT to connect to the Victron App on iOS?

Thank you,

Paul

app
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

When last did you update it? Presume you're trying to connect over blueteeth?

If it is otherwise working fine, and you haven't updated it for a while, you may need a vedirect to usb cable to connect to it and run updates.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paulbfelix avatar image
paulbfelix answered ·

It has probably been a couple months since I've updated the firmware. Yes, I'm trying to connect to the Victron app which uses bluetooth. I orderd the cable and will try to figure out how to get the required software. Thank you

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Victron connect app has the software. If the app is up to date it will check the MPPT automatically for up to date software. May require two updates, one for the MPPT and one for Bluetooth.
1 Like 1 ·
paulbfelix avatar image paulbfelix kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, I've applied all available updates. No luck though. The charger does not show up in the iOS device. The victron monitor and voltage meter both show up without issue. Is there anything else I should check?
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Try following the "Troubleshooting Bluetooth Connection Issues" section of the VictronConnect manual; it could be a number of things, from possibly needing to re-grant VictronConnect permission to access location services on your phone (fairly common especially if your phone has updated its OS recently), to something like just needing to restart your phone (a common issue with iOS BT connections to BLE devices).

2 |3000

paulbfelix avatar image
paulbfelix answered ·

Hi Justin & nickdb. I purchased a vedirect cable and was able to connect my laptop with no problem. I also installed the latest firmware. But, the MPPT charger is not listed in the Victron connect app on my IOS. I've followed the troubleshooting steps with no luck. I have 2 other victron devices that show up in the app, but the MPPT does not.

Any other steps I can take?

Thank you,

Paul

2 |3000

paulbfelix avatar image
paulbfelix answered ·

Anyone have any ideas? I'm starting to think my unit is faulty. It worked fine for 3+ years and continues to charge, but I'm not able to see the device on iOS to monitor it.

2 comments
2 |3000

regman54 avatar image regman54 commented ·
Have you tried to uninstall the app, then restart the device, then reinstall the app?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Might be 2 updates you need to apply, one for software and one for Bluetooth. I don't think a cable connection does the Bluetooth one. Not sure where to go from here.

Hopefully someone else does.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic