question

Daniele avatar image
Daniele asked

Multiplus-II GX every 4 minutes drops 3 packets.

Dears,

Can you help me fixing packet loss? The issue occurs on LAN and WiFi. I tried changing LAN cable, router, GX version upgrade, but issue still occurs. Seems if I shut down Multiplus-II GX after power up the issue does not occur for the first 24 hours. Sometimes unplugging cable and reconnecting helps but not always. It's always the same issue -- every 4 minutes, 3 packets drop. This is causing remote console to disconnect and also disrupt any updates running.

Thank you

Daniele

multplus 2 gx
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Daniele

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the inverter is running hot, so the GX is affected which influences stability.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniele avatar image Daniele Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thank you Alexandra for your response but temperature is not the cause. Current invertor (3.2kW) load is 200W and temperature in the room is 5-10C and it's very consistent. Every 4 minutes 3 packets lost.

e.g.

Ping statistics for 192.168.XX.XX:

Packets: Sent = 159, Received = 156, Lost = 3 (1% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 18ms, Average = 1ms

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Daniele

I've fixed your user profile to prevent your email address appearing in posts

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Daniele

Is your network cable routed adjacent to any AC cables? if so, try and separate by 50mm. Unlikely the issue but worth checking.
A few other questions,
Do you have a fridge or freezer connected to your AC loads?
Is the installation off-grid on grid connected?
Can you provide a photo of the installed Multiplus?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic