question

meshugga avatar image
meshugga asked

multiplus 24/5000 unresponsive

I have 2 x multiplus 24/5000 units (230v) - installed 2019 and 2020 aboard my yacht connected to a 45kW lifepo4 battery bank.

They were installed in parallel (master-slave) with individual input (200A) and output (20A) breakers and have worked perfectly since installation. The main reason for having 2 units is that a single unit will not start my 2.5kW watermaker motor.

6 months ago while in central America, one of the units stopped working - no lights, totally unresponsive. No untoward events such as water ingress, short circuit or excessive current draw. I removed all cables (ac, dc temp, volt and cat 6) from the unit and put the other multiplus into standalone mode. Then I reconnected the battery cables (and checked that there is full 26V) plus a new cat 6 cable to the defective unit and tried to get a response via MK3, color control and cerbo gx. None of them can see the unit - no response, zero leds, and just plain dead.

3 days ago (I'm now back in the USA) the second multiplus stopped working - absolutely no response to anything I try. Ie I now have 2 corpses.

Any ideas for me to try? Is there some hidden fuse?

Is there a technician in the Miami area that could assist?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers