question

vegar Bartnes avatar image
vegar Bartnes asked

Multiplus, wrong Umains

I have a multiplus compact 12/2000

It is conected to a generator. The voltage from the generator is aprox. 230 volt. This is mesured with volt meter. But the Umains is wrong. Even when generator is turned off it shows 15 volts. Enyone seen this error?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dandelpino avatar image dandelpino commented ยท

Did you ever figure this out? My Multiplus is doing the same thing. Connected to 120V mains and or 120V generator, measured/verified at the input terminals of the Multiplus, Victron Connect app shows 66V. Charger will not work. Done lots of troubleshooting and nothing changes. Is the unit defective?

0 Likes 0 ยท
2 Answers
Charlie Johnson avatar image
Charlie Johnson answered ยท

What is the voltage reading at the AC input to the inverter/charger?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vegar Bartnes avatar image
vegar Bartnes answered ยท

The multiplus show 117 volt, but with volt meter (multimeter) I measure 230 volt... at the terminals.

Vegar

3 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

What model & type generator?

Sounds like it might have an odd shaped output, fooling the multi's voltage reading. Maybe add a load to the gen and see if the multi can pick it up.

0 Likes 0 ยท
vegar Bartnes avatar image vegar Bartnes klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

I tried with รฅ resistiv load at 500 watt. Same problem, the load worked fine. I then changed generator, and have the same fault reading at 117 volt. The multiplus does not accept this voltage.

Vegar

0 Likes 0 ยท
vegar Bartnes avatar image vegar Bartnes vegar Bartnes commented ยท

The load was conected "before" the multiplus :-)

...directly om the generator output...

0 Likes 0 ยท