question

brucesterj avatar image
brucesterj asked

recharge rate

I'm curious about the recharging rate of a\my MP II 12v 3000 120..

annotation-2024-03-08-203914.jpg

In the "Charging section"... what determines how fast or slow it recharges. Is it adjustable..?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

this will depend on how the sysyem was setup by your installer, and Yes it can be adjusted, but discuss this with your installer

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brucesterj avatar image brucesterj commented ·
I will ask him. He's been in the business for 14 yrs.. but isn't too familar with Victron. I've already sent an email to Current Connected.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It depends.

Current limits - AC IN, DC charge limit.

Inverter load, available PV, temperature.

Inaccurate SOC - expecting it to be charging but it is actually quite full.

Inverter mode - yours is in sustain, so it is going to hold the battery at that voltage so it won't do much more. Check your settings, and any additional ones you may have made for solar priority.

3 comments
2 |3000

brucesterj avatar image brucesterj commented ·
It's a 30a connection.. but keep it at 28 or 15. Am just testing the numbers. The sun has been coming out more and more lately.. but I saw 1536 today. A new high. It was nice to see. I've had a couple of mismatched controllers for the past year or more..So higher PV numbers are very welcomed. Yes.. in the VE config in the advanced tab, I have it checked. Is there anything else I'm missing..?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ brucesterj commented ·
Looks like you're treating AC in with charge rate.

As @nickdb said, there's a charge limit setting. AC in will override this if the battery charge rate is higher than is available from AC. The 30A you mention applies to AC in, so convert this from 120 to battery voltage to get a better idea, but unless you set AC in very low, it's not likely to be a restriction.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ brucesterj commented ·
As mentioned, the system was in sustain, so that appears to have been enabled. While in sustain it will not charge normally.
0 Likes 0 ·