question

Ridhya Jin avatar image
Ridhya Jin asked

Why is my Multiplus 24/5000/120 connected to generator overloading?

I’d like to update our last inquiry.

MultiPlus 24/5000/120 is being used on the vehicle.

The configuration was done as shown below.

During AC Generator operation, the following figure occurs:

1. The AC Output voltage is lost.

2. The inverter LED illuminates and the Low voltage LED flashes.

3. The inter LED turns off and the Low voltage LED turns on.

4. #2 and #3 are repeated.

The load is about 4000VA and VE Config and Settings are set to Default.

Please let me know what needs to be checked.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1565939918929.png (86.8 KiB)
1565939966817.png (469.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Ridhya. Your symptoms suggest your generator input is being rejected. There are no warnings of this, just the 'charge' led's. Try running through this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

You're not alone, I suffer it too. And with a large load on those smallish batts, what you see could be expected.

When generator input is accepted, you will see the Main On LED under Charger light up green.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You want to run a 4000VA load with a 150Ah 24V battery pack?! The batterys are never able to deliver so much energy. That's the reason why you get "low battery" and a shutoff at the Multi.

2nd thing is with default settings the charging current is way too high for the batterys. At a 5000VA Multi the default value is 80A but for your batterys it should be 15-20A.

To your problem, I think the load have a high inrush current so the AC voltage of the generator drops too much so the Multi disconnects the generator and trys to supply the loads out of the batterys but they can't do it too(see above).

2 |3000