question

cucco avatar image
cucco asked

TwoSmart Battery Sense

Hello everyone, it is wrong to have connected two Smart Battery Sense (one for the service battery and one for the engine battery). Having a Blue Smart IP22 battery charger I can only monitor the service battery, but above all I hope that this type of installation does not create overheating problems when charging the batteries.

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

Hi cucco,

I have a smart battery sense as well and all they do is measure the battery voltage and their surface temperature. They draw very little current (milliamps) thus won't cause any overheating issues while charging. I hope that answers your question.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@cucco

Are you referring to temperature compensated charging?

2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@cucco Do be very careful if you are using Smart Networking to compensate for battery voltage and temp variations.

The Smart Network must be between the battery being charged, and the IP22 charger.

If you charge a battery that is not networked to the charger, incorrect voltage and temp feedback can result in battery damage.

2 |3000

cucco avatar image
cucco answered ·

Thanks everyone for the replies, especially thanks to

klim8skeptic because it made me understand that only one smart battery sense must be connected to the Smart Networking.

2 |3000