question

muratti avatar image
muratti asked

Multiplus showing overload error without any load

I have installed Victron multiplus 12/2000/80/32. Battery is 460Ah LiFePO4.Multiplus has been firmware updated (Latest) using Cerbo GX and battery specific parameters uploaded using VEConfig via MK3-USB dongle,

. Right from day one it is repeatedly showing overload error and single red light comes on. It is ok in charger mode. but inverter mode shows the above fault. It is connected to cerbo GX and Victron multicontrol with original Victron cables. I have tried all combinations ie: stand alone, with multi with Gx etc. error persists. I disconnected all output connections(bare inverter) result is same.. Is there any remedy or is my inverter faulty?

Thanks

Murat?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you get the overload with disconnected AC OUT wires the unit might be faulty and you should contact the seller from whom you bought it.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

muratti avatar image muratti commented ·
That is the answer i was dreading to hear. Thanks anyway
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks Matthias for sorting it
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Which specific battery and BMS do you have?

1 comment
2 |3000

It is Fogstar 460. BMS is inbuilt. Takes max 200A charge current. Other figures are per Fogstar website.
0 Likes 0 ·
hemaris avatar image
hemaris answered ·

I have a similar issue with a MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50.

This is an offgrid system at my summer house. It was installed 2017 and has been working nominally until yesterday. The system was working last time on October 2023 when I left my summer house closed for the winter. Yesterday I removed snow coverage from the solar panels and the battery (24V system, lead acid) was showing 99.5% charge status with 24.7 V. When panels were again exposed to sunligth It started to charge normally, but when I switched on the inverter with no loads, I received Inverter overload error. Disconnected battery and tried also reboot the Multi, but the error persisted even when I disconnected all load circuit breakers.

I was planning to try to update the old firmware (I have an original FW from 2017), just to see if this type of reset would help. Any other suggestion?

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi

My problem now sorted with firmware upgrade if it helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
hemaris avatar image hemaris muratti commented ·
Thanks, this sounds promising! I will be visiting the site again later this week and will try the FW update.
0 Likes 0 ·
hemaris avatar image hemaris hemaris commented ·

Unfortunately FW update did not help in my case. I will start a separate thread on this issue

0 Likes 0 ·