question

addish avatar image
addish asked

Multiplus 2 shuts off when plugging in Macbook charger

I can plug in anything in my MULTIPLUS 2 12/3000/120 (230V) without any problems in my campervan. Blenders, phone chargers, internet router, vacuum cleaners and more, it works great.

(I am running the power out of 2x200Ah SUPERPACK batteries in parallel)

But when I connect my Macbook charger it shuts off instantly. Over and over again. At first I thought it was a faulty charger but when testing another Macbook charger the same issue appeared.

Have read a bunch of articles of inverters shutting down when people plugging in laptop chargers overall. My guess is that these powerful chargers needs a lot of power during a very short period of time to "charge up" the electronics inside and that triggers some kind of overload or something in the inverter and it shuts off.

Anyone that can confirm this or/and has a solution?

In my mind I just see thousands of dollars spent on my macbook and this inverter and it still doesn't work. Is this something I can get around in the settings of the Multiplus via the computer?

Note: It works great in my friends camper-van with a china inverter...

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes answered ·

When I had my old inverter, had issues.

Especially the front loading washing machine. It would virtually shut down between spinning back and forth, and put the inverter back to sleep. We would have to have the radio on at the same time

You may need to have another appliance on to activate the inverter.

A light bulb or a radio

Hey, it might all be high tech, but if it works.

Mac also do a 45w and 65w charger

What about charging direct off 12v.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.