question

tareq avatar image
tareq asked

BMV-712 with Li-ion Batteries

Hi everyone,

Kindly note that I have 2 battery banks on site and each bank has 15 batteries (Huawei, Li-ion, 100 Ah).

Additionally, I have 2 BMVs to monitor each bank, so I would like please ask if you can provide me with the best settings to be applied as with the current settings the BMVs are not reading the correct SOC.

P.S. The controller's float voltage is 55V, and the C rate of batteries is set by the client which is C.15.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@tareq

What is your absorption voltage?

You could probably start with a peukerts of 1.03. capacity of 1500Ah.

And set the charge detection voltage close to the absorption above the float.

Leave the rest for now. Experimentation is needed here for your banks. On the VRM load the widget consumed amphours.

Also how do you know the SOC is incorrect?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tareq avatar image tareq commented ·

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for your quick answer. However, I honestly have the bulk and float voltages of the controller which are both equal to 55V.

Regarding how I knew the BMVs weren't accurate, the batteries were dead on site, and SOC was ~80% on the VRM.

The Batteries Datasheet:
1709101172329.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1709101172329.png (209.0 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ tareq commented ·

Interesting choice making them all the same. Why so low when the charged voltage is 56.4v?

Found a thread with charged settings.

You may not be triggering the cell balancing that low. So possibly the system shut down because of low/unbalanced cells not low soc

How are they wired?

1000026759.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1000026759.jpg (159.8 KiB)