question

vassilis-bourdakis avatar image
vassilis-bourdakis asked

SignalK - CANBOAT changes from 3.13Large to 3.21Large?

hi,

moved the boat VenusOS rpi from 3.13 to 3.21. Now seems that my addons to signalk canboat PGNs parser (some PGNs custom made by me and added everytime I upgrade Venus) don't work.

To clarify, all built in signalK code works fine, links to the N2K bus onboard and brings to grafana all sorts of data as it always did! Only my additions dont turn up in grafana, or signalk web console for that mater!

I'm assuming that this relates to some changes in the signalK code which I'm missing. So in order to debug that somehow can anyone state what ver of signalk was running in 3.13?

I see that now it's running 2.5.0, I'd rather not reboot into 3.13 to check.

and any doc explaining changes (if appropriate) or experience of others having to debug signalk code?

thanks

V.

SignalK
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
vassilis-bourdakis answered ·

well, rebooted finally back to 3.13, checked versions.

3.13 is 1.46.3

3.21 is 2.5.0

edit to clarify, that yes the above is SignalK versions, but what I'm searching is the canboat N2K PGN code.

struggling to find what has changed in .json and .js new PGN description files now...

any pointers happily accepted.

cheers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vassilis-bourdakis answered ·

for anyone adding bits of code and PGNs into pgns.json and the equiv. .js files, turns out that SignalK 2.5.0, adds on the pgns.json folder a canboat.json with more or less the same info (obvs there's a reason that I don't know)
So you have to add the same things both in pgns.json and canboat.json.

afterwards, everything is fine and works!

V.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic