question

ryang1979 avatar image
ryang1979 asked

How do I charge with CCGX off and batteries flat?

Hypothetical as it hasn’t happened yet, BUT IT WILL so I am being prepared.

i have a Multiplus 24/3000 CC GX mppts battery monitor and custom lithium pack.

in the past when the battery goes flat I just pop outside, fire up the genie and the charger automatically starts .

however, with the CC GX controlling things, and it bring off, whats going to happen?

do I manually flip the Multiplus to charger mode? Will it respond to this And charge? Do I need to disconnect from the CC GX ?

is there a magically sequence to get it going to charge?

just trying to prepare for the inevitable.

thanks in advance

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The inverter doesn't need a GX to black start, it is needed to avoid deadlocks, which is something else. The multi has a full config of its own. Properly configured it should recover and start working again when restart thresholds are met and there is a power source (genset) on AC1.

Ideally though, you want to be setting cut off values so you don't run a battery completely flat, that isn't great for any battery and avoids issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ryang1979 avatar image ryang1979 commented ·
Thanks for the reply.

So in effect when it detects the generator it will restart the multi

yes I have the bus set so it’s not dead flat, but in effect I will still loose the batteries and be blacked out.

0 Likes 0 ·