question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

Grounding my Quattro, MPPT RS, and AutoTransformer

I am completely off grid with no generator hooked up to the inverter.

I have a Quattro 15K and an MPPT RS 450/200 in my solar shed, and the Quattro AC output goes to an AutoTransformer and from there to the AC distribution panel. The AC side of things is grounded (the electrician did it).

But I have yet to ground the Quattro, MPPT, and AutoTransformer. I believe these grounding points are for the metal cases of the equipment.

I'm planning on connecting cables to connect their respective ground points to the same ground rod the electrician used when he grounded the AC panel.

quattro-ground.jpg

Planning on grounding the Quattro above with the ground lug in the lower left corner.

mppt-ground.jpg

Planning on grounding the MPPT RS with the ground point in the lower left corner.

at-ground.jpg

And planning on grounding the AutoTransformer using the ground tab at the bottom.

Am I correct that this grounding is to ground the equipment cases and that it shouldn't interfere with the grounding that the electrician installed for the AC panel?

Many thanks!

Grounding
quattro-ground.jpg (310.6 KiB)
mppt-ground.jpg (383.4 KiB)
at-ground.jpg (603.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic