question

Richard Pearce avatar image
Richard Pearce asked

Quattro 48/10000/150 interruption to supply

Hi, I have an installation charging at night and running solely on battery during the day. After 6 months of flawless use, the customer is now reporting dropouts in supply for a few seconds at between 1 and 4 times per day.

The system uses a Cerbo with 400Ah of CALB cells and 123 smart BMS with Victron integration. No logs are showing on the 123 and all seems normal. A 2 x 2 wire BMS shut down is also employed.

I am awaiting customer approval to update firmware on the Cerbo to 3.21 as this seems to cause white screen on the Remote Console without a couple of Cerbo reboots, i then intend updating the firmware on the Quattro as a first step.

Any assistance appreciated

img-0560.png

cab7801c-a404-4e18-a15d-2cf36b9cc755.jpegImage Caption

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Hi, those screenshots are way too blurred to be helpful. Please repost, perhaps breaking it up into more images.

Statistically it is almost always battery/BMS at the root of weird issues.

We would need to see what alarms it is producing.

Can you be more specific about the drop outs, does it coincide with grid loss or disconnection?

Major faults (overloads, test failures etc) have a 30-second interval and 3 retries.

If the system is "dipping" that usually is grid transition and voltage fluctuations.

Would need to know more, unfortunately with those custom batteries you are inherently more likely to run into issues, and as you know, support is limited.

But let's see if we can at least narrow it down a bit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic