question

kurt-rakeman avatar image
kurt-rakeman asked

Can I charge a freedom won (lite) battery directly with a victron MPPT without use of a GX device?

I have a client who has a bluetti system and wants an upgrade. More battery capacity and more solar power. The inverter is big enough for the job.

I was going to connect a 48v freedom won 5/4 to the 10-60V 10A inlet of the bluetti battery.

I know this can be done with the smaller batteries such as a 12v/200ah lithium battery.

Any comments or tips appreciated!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The heading says this is a victron system but the question is unrelated to victron.

Before I close the topic, could you edit to show what the victron question is.

As it stands, this is a question for freedom won or Bluetti.

You don’t need a gx to charge any battery from a victron mppt using old school voltage control. If you want to use the bms for controlled charging one is required. A shunt would be advised. Without these you can overcharge the battery and get soc drift. Freedom won certainly won’t support mixed batteries which will tank your warranty, as would not using a BMS for charging.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.