question

ryang1979 avatar image
ryang1979 asked

Multiplus and Color Control GX - Charge Current Limit

Hi

i have recently installed a Multiplus 24/3000 in my RV and have a question regarding charging.

prior, I would adjust my charge current based on my needs on the day. I.e on grid it may be 50amps, on generator 20 etc.

I can’t seem to find a way to do this off the CC GX . I see I canuse ESS but I don’t want to limit solar charge etc, just the Multiplus Charger.

is there something I can enable to do this?

thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

DVCC and ESS limits are global, so will affect all charge sources.

You can change the inverter AC input current limit on the GX, but the DC charge limit can only be done via a config change - pushed remotely via VRM, or with a mk3 and victron connect/veconfigure.

You can try use the large image (don't think it is supported on the old CCGX) and node red. With the custom control node for the vebus system you can probably set it via /DC/0/MaxChargeCurrent (haven't tried it myself). If that works you would be able to change it via a custom dashboard that is web accessible locally and remotely via VRM.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ryang1979 avatar image ryang1979 commented ·
Thanks I did suspect this was the only way from what I had read.

just seems very odd, the current limit shows on the color control, just can’t be adjusted. I would have thought it was basic functionality A lot of people would find useful.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @ryang1979

Given you're fairly new to a Multiplus, I think you need to clarify whether you need to set this "current limit" on your battery charge or your system as a whole.

You mention setting 20A on a generator. That's easily set in several places as it's quite common to do this. It's called 'Input Current Limit", and will allow the genset to operate at stable output. That AC power is first used to serve loads on the Multi, and the remainder to charge batteries. On a day you use a genset your batteries will effectively be '20A' better off.

A 'Charge Limit' is for limiting charge to the batteries only. The Multi's limit needs to be set there, and DVCC can be used to limit the total of multiple charge sources to the battery.

What is this limit you see in the CCGX that you can't change? Screenpic?

3 comments
2 |3000

I am trying to dynamically set the DC charger Limit.

ideally using the CC GX interface or else it’s just getting to complicated and isn’t that bigger priority,

shore power being 50

generator being 30

hope that clears it up

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
I assume the input current limit is set in ac amps, and then whatever is left over converted to the dc charger ?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ ryang1979 commented ·
Yes, up to the maximum of the DC charge limit in the charger tab.
1 Like 1 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

You can use the use the motorhome as below to limit the AC input for the shore / generator as you mentioned. Enable in display setting and then swipe from overview screen to it.

1708674734381.png

1708674734381.png (93.8 KiB)
2 |3000

ryang1979 avatar image
ryang1979 answered ·

Cool. Thanks guys

i get it now, a different way to solve the same problem.

thanks for the responses.

2 |3000