question

bigbadbob76 avatar image
bigbadbob76 asked

Adding flow connection to flow overview

@Kevin Windrem could you help me again please?

I have modified my flow overview to this-

https://community.victronenergy.com/storage/attachments/68876-97828370-dcee-4778-993c-0a938328a2c0.jpeg

I'm trying to add a flow connection from the solar box to the dc loads box but keep getting the white screen of death.

the flow value needs to come from-

property real hwPower: hw_current.value*pvVoltage2.value

the value displays fine but when I add the marching ants I get the white screen.

I tried adding this to overviewhub.qml but get the white screen-

OverviewConnection {
id: solarToDcbox
ballCount: 4
path: straight
active: hasDcSys.value > 0
value: flow(hwPower.value)

anchors {

left: blueSolarCharger.right; rightMargin: 6
bottom: dcConnect.top;
right: dcSystemBox.left; rightMargin: -6
bottom: dcConnect.top
}
}

so I tried this just for diagnostic purposes. (flow value is not what I want but it shouldn't give me the white screen)

OverviewConnection {
id: solarToDcbox
ballCount: 4
path: straight
active: hasDcSys.value > 0
value: flow(sys.pvCharger.power)

anchors {

left: blueSolarCharger.right; rightMargin: 6
bottom: dcConnect.top;
bottom: dcConnect.top
}
}

but still get the white screen.

Can you advise where I've screwed up please?

gui mods
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Have you checked the GUI log to see what's causing gui to crash?

Once you find the offending property or other error then try replacing it with a fixed value, then backtrack through all the properties until you find the error.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigbadbob76 avatar image
bigbadbob76 answered ·

Cheers mate, I'll see what I can find.

2 |3000

bigbadbob76 avatar image
bigbadbob76 answered ·

Error seems to be-

file:///opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/OverviewHub.qml:456:29: Property value set multiple times

line 456 is-

so I guess it won't let me create a flow connection over the top of an existing one.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

That error typically means you have attempted to set the initial value of the same parameter more than once. IN this case, the line flagged is setting right and rightMargin so check for duplicated of this within the object.

2 |3000

bigbadbob76 avatar image
bigbadbob76 answered ·

Thanks Kevin.

I found a workaround which shows different flows with different coloured balls depending on a relay state. this actually displays better than my original idea so i'll stick with it.

I can now show orange balls from pv charger box to dc loads when my MPPT2 is diverting to my water heater, and blue balls when the MPPT is not diverting and the flow is from pv charger to battery.

OverviewConnection {

id: blueSolarChargerDcConnect         ballCount: 3         ballColor: relay2.value==1? "orange" : "#4789d0" //blue         path: straight         active: true //root.active && hasDcSolar         value: -flow(sys.pvCharger.power)//backwards flow         startPointVisible: false         anchors {             left: dcConnect.left             top: dcConnect.top             right: blueSolarCharger.right; rightMargin: 6             bottom: dcConnect.top;         }     }     OverviewConnection {         id: batteryToDcSystem         ballCount: 2         ballColor: relay2.value==1? "orange" : "#4789d0" //blue         path: straight         active: root.active && hasDcSys.value > 0         //value: flow(sys.dcSystem.power)         value: flow(relay2.value==1 ? sys.pvCharger.power : sys.dcSystem.power )                 startPointVisible: false         anchors {             left: dcConnect.right             top: dcConnect.top             right: dcSystemBox.left; rightMargin: -6             bottom: dcConnect.top         }     }
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic