Setup:

345w solar
Victron - BMV-712

Victron MPPT 100/30 Solar Controller
Victron Non-Isolated DC to DC Charger
Battleborn 12v 100ah battery
Android App

Problem:

BMV-712 - In Misc Settings in the app, I accidentally changed setting from "Battery Monitor" to "DC Energy Meter" in Misc Settings because I got curious.

Now battery symbol flashes on display... there was no option to back out of this setting before it took hold, I was warned about need to be "wired" for this setting, or something to that effect. I immediately force quit the app before acknowledging "ok".

I then put the setting back to where it was "Battery Monitor".

Next thing I knew, there is a battery symbol flashing on the display, and I have no SOC %, just 3 horizontal lines.

What have I done? Should I not have done it? What do I do now?

Thanks, if you can.

JF

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Three lines for SOC is normally ok. Just means that it hasn't registered a full battery since installation or power on. You can go into battery settings and manually enter a nominal value. This will be the base for future readings until full charge is detected, when it will synch to 100%.

Suggest you check all the settings, especially battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.