question

platform avatar image
platform asked

Multiplus II 3 phase Partial Home Backup setup with Solar?

Hi

Basics:
-Based in Norway (60degrees north) with a 400V TN-C-S grid connection. (3 phase)
-13kWp of south facing solar via a on grid Afore BNT020KTL-400V (House)
-8kWp of east/west facing solar via on grid micro inverters, 5x Eye SUN1600G3 (Garage)
-Energy I don't use (house and electric vehicles) I export to the grid.

Expanding my system with
-2,4kWp of south facing solar wall mounted, for producing when roof covered in snow and low winter sun (One string of 6 panels at 300VOC)
-Multiplus II-GX 3000VA
-SmartSolar MPPT RS 450-100 (one PV input not in use for either future expansion or swap some micro inverter connected panels to it)
-SOK 48V Serverrack battery (5kWh)

The idea behind the expansion was better generation during the winter (when power is needed the most) and backup power for grid outages (just a few power sockets) using ESS for grid feed in during normal operation and backup power via a battery bank when the grid is down (ie keep the fridge, lights etc on)

Now I am considering altering my addition with:
-2x Multiplus II 3000VA
-Additional SOK 48V Serverrack batteries for 10+kWh

This should give me:
-3 phase power for both grid feed in and backup power (Approx 7.2kW - 3x 2,4kW @25c, so I can move several loads over to critical loads, should handle fridge, freezer, heat pump, lights,

Questions:
-I will have to place the Inverters in my garage (only viable option space wise) and I currently have only one cable 5G10 going from my house to my garage, I assume I need to run another cable from AC 1 out from the Multipluses to my main breaker panel in the house in order to move over x number of breakers from grid to critical loads coming from the Multipluses?

-Connect the 3 Multiplus to existing 5G10 cable via breaker panel in garage for AC 1 in, for grid feed in and grid power to inverters when batteries are empty/daily use?

-Connect the 3 Multiplus to new 5G10 cable going from garage directly to house main breaker panel and from there distribute to chosen critical loads?

-Since most of my solar is grid tied I will only charge my battery bank via the 2.4kWp from the RS450, however during normal operation can I set the ESS to charge my battery bank/and or sell to the grid via the excess power generated from my grid tied solar as well (I have a sensor at my main meter giving me near instant readings "Tibber Puls" so I can tell when I produce excess power even if the Afore and Deye inverters aren't fully integrated with Victron, I guess I just have to somehow get my Victron system to know how much excess I have combined)

Multiplus-IIESS3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers