question

Csaba Köböl avatar image
Csaba Köböl asked

Adding Pylontech 3000C to existing 4

Hi, as title says if add and make the new one the master Victron only see one installed and end in high current charge.
If I leaving the comm cable in the original one works ok, same goes if i have the comm cable in the new one, but it is switched off.
I tried reset the batteries, the whole system, the Cerbo.
Any ideas?

Pylontechoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Csaba Köböl

If is works and detects all the batteries with the old as the master, leave it like that.

Make sure the address on the dips are correct as well... That is likely an issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Csaba Köböl avatar image Csaba Köböl commented ·
not detecting the new one just the old 4 stack
0 Likes 0 ·
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

The pack need to be shutdown and then, after connecting the new one, started again.

Stop by pressing "SW" on master, watch soft shutdown by all leds on all batteries turning off.

Then "Power" switch on all batteries to OFF position.

Connect new battery with all the cables in position - both DC power and daisy chain communication.

"Power" switch on all batteries to ON position.

Press "SW" on master and confirm that all batteries will turn on in order.

Master must have the newest firmware, if firmware versions differ.

Also confirm that the master has the CAN terminator activated.

Or better, set the dipsw like the one below on all batteries.

1.jpg

1.jpg (3.8 KiB)
2 |3000