question

tijntert avatar image
tijntert asked

Niks nada noppuss

Omdat er vreemden verzoeken tot toegang op m'n VRM, is dit verwijderd...

Omdat ik niet niet weet, hoe&waarom, worden al m'n postings verwijderd en zal bij de volgende wat beter opletten wat er allemaal zichtbaar is...

Niks nada noppuss

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingess discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Tijntert

I assume you're using ESS.

My question would probably be how often are you changing the ??'s in this. You're pretty much describing scheduled charging but you want it to disable itself after a few mins of hitting 100%.

You could automate that but I would consider just setting up the scheduled charging in ESS at defined times and see how often you realy want the system to deviate from that. You might find it's not often and you dont need to do all the extra steps below.

However this is what i would do if the above isn't applicable:

1. Use ESS Control Node: Select venus settings, then populate the schedule details.

I would personally have the majority of the settings already setup in ESS schedule menu in GX device and just use node red to edit the few variables you have like, schedule time and minutes at 100% (?? as you call them).

2. Why the pause? For absorption? If so i would instead "wait until float" stage is hit. Then you're using functionality already built into the system. I also wouldn't base the criteria on SoC just in case it never reaches 100 (if when system hits float it's on 99 for example).

3. When you say discharge what do you mean? Actively pass power back out to the grid or just allow battery/solar to cover loads. Assuming the latter you'd just turn off the schedule that's been activated in step one. Either by disabling or editing the end time.

If you mean discharge as in feed power back to the grid, you'd set grid setpoint as negative.

In regards to an easy way to edit the ??'s You could either go the node red dashboard route or if you have another home automation system you could integrate using that. ie if you use homeassistant or openhab you could setup items with the ?? populated on there.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

There's a fair few online. Chatgpt is also pretty helpful for learning it.

To detect if state hits float i would use VE.Bus system node. if the output of that node = 5 then it's hit float phase. (using a switch node or function with if statement) You would then edit the schedule charge levels

2 |3000

andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered ·
  1. I'm using Node-RED to switch between "Keep battery charged" which equals to "charge to 100%" and "Optimized without Battery life" which equals "use battery till SOC threshold hit"

Condition to switch between these 2 - own secondary Venus setup where I use "excess PV" as a trigger.

Probably this is what you need, just different condition?

2 |3000