question

Bas Rijniersce avatar image
Bas Rijniersce asked

Quattro 48/3000/35 /w 2x Pylontech US3000c, charge current below 35A

Hi,

My Quattro 48/3000/35 is on the latest firmware. My generator is running and I confirmed the input limit is higher then what is needed for the charging. Ie, I turn a big AC load on, and the generator current increases to what I have configured (30 Aac)

The batteries are nice and warm and report a max charge current of 74A and when I turn on my solar CC's, the charge current does go up, so I know the batteries can take more current.

It behaved as expected before, one of the reasons I got the LiIon batts was I change at fast rates until almost full. I unfortunately don't know when this changed.

Any other suggestions on things to check?

TX!

Bas

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Bas Rijniersce

Not sure I'm reading you correctly, but the "/35" in the Quattro's name denotes a 35 Amp charge capacity @48V. It won't charge more than that, and by default it may even be set lower. It can derate at higher temperatures as well. This won't have changed, and you may have been foxed by having multiple charge sources.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bas Rijniersce answered ·

Hi,

Tx for your reply!

I guess it would have been helpful if I mentioned my actual charging current :) I'm seeing just under 26A @ 50V. If I assume constant power (35*48), I should still see 33A. That leaves 350W on the table. I'm fairly certain I have seen 35A from just the AC source. Batts are at 15grC, so a pretty comfortable temp, and the BMS indicates it can take a lot more current

Bas

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
@Bas Rijniersce

Ok, so the issue is 26A, not 35A. This is typical of default settings. Maybe you've upgraded firmware and the config file upload has gone wrong. You need to check the setting that's in the Quattro now. Don't assume the config file you have stored away is actual. Check it afresh.

2 |3000

Bas Rijniersce answered ·

Sweet!! Never noticed the charger section had a current limit. It was indeed set to 26, now updated to 35. Tx so much for the quick replies and guidance!

Bas

1 comment
2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented ·
But does it charge now faster?
0 Likes 0 ·