question

solgato avatar image
solgato asked

MPPT 75/15 Load Output settings

I started playing with my load output settings this evening and noticed in the user set algorithms you can set the load output to turn off at midnight.

But how does the charger know when it is midnight?

Since the chargers don’t use clocks, does it determine midnight to be half way between waking up and when V falls below set limit?

I’ve been manually turning the load output on and off when I want my lighting on and off as it’s wired direct, but was thinking about setting it to come on automatically at sunset by setting a low voltage limit, then having it turn off around midnight, however my idea of midnight might be different than the chargers idea.

I suppose I could just set a predetermined time for them to stay on after sunset, but am curious about the midnight option and how the charger determines this.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Streetlight Settings section of the Victronconnect MPPT Manual describes how midnight is estimated:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:mppt-solarchargers#streetlight_settings

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solgato avatar image solgato commented ·

Ahh I see. I did not realize the two were interrelated since they each have their own setting pages in the Connect App and I had not yet explored the Streetlight functions.

Thanks for the link and the info.

0 Likes 0 ·