question

Anil-1 avatar image
Anil-1 asked

Generator not charging batteries - rejection by MultiPlus-II

During long outages when the batteries are low, I turn on the generator to charge the batteries. Recently My MultiPlus-II is rejecting the current and an alarm is flashing between on the MultiPlus-II between Inverter and Float. And so the batteries are not being charged. The voltage on the generator reads normal. What could be the issue with the generator as it is producing the correct voltage? I have tried another generators and it all works well.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Anil-1

So you have in your troubleshooting narrowed it down to the one generator.

If it is not the voltage, it is likely the frequency and sine wave of the inverter. It is either too low or too unstable.

If you switch the inverter into charger only does it accept it then? The other way is to lower the input current limit to as low as it can go and try again.

Also see the related resources section on this page. There are more ideas in the links.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anil-1 avatar image Anil-1 commented ·

Many thanks for your potential solutions. Very grateful. I will try them out. I was also just told that as generators get old, they don't produce a pure sine wave and that it is possible that the AVR of the generator needs adjustment or replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·