question

corvus-tristis avatar image
corvus-tristis asked

Why is the AWG different on the box to what the conversion chart states?

Bought the cables recommended by the dealer and surprise surprise they're too big. The product pictures were too poor to ascertain this at the time and now I read the box (Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/30) it states the following:

DC terminals: 10mm2 / AWG6

The conversion chart shows this:

1707298391580.png

Why is it so different and what am I supposed to order? Is it actually 10mm2 maximum or is this inaccurate too? Can I use AWG7 or not? Do I actually need AWG8? I'm really limited on what I can get here and going to be really annoyed if I have no power for another week waiting on another delivery that *might* connect the battery charger to the battery. Asked the dealer for everything I needed and if it was all compatible. Thanks for any input.

charger
1707298391580.png (69.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@corvus_tristis Blue Smart IP22 manual gives battery connection terminals as 16mm, 6awg.

Where did you see 10mm?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·
Cables you have are fine, worst case scenario trim some strands from end if too big to fit into the terminals
1 Like 1 ·
corvus-tristis avatar image corvus-tristis 1234enough commented ·
Yeah they would be if only slightly out, but they sent 2AWG, but I’ve got some 6 on the way. So only two days without power in -28 Celsius. Still wondering why it’s so inaccurate, they don’t make it as easy, but no issues taking the money hah.
0 Likes 0 ·
corvus-tristis avatar image corvus-tristis commented ·

1dd2930d-6e1d-4a75-9265-9fae8e5afeb5.jpeg

Was on the box, sorry thought I added it. I just don’t get the inconsistency. It’s probably just me but I want it to match so I’m sure I’m buying and using the right things.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ corvus-tristis commented ·
@corvus_tristis Reported error in packaging.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic