question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Warranty Query

just had a Muntiplus Compact 1600 delivered but i have a problem with it and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and what the outcome was . After opening the box i tried to remove the front cover , the first 3 screws were extreemly tight , much tighter than any other screws on my other victron equipment . The last screw top left just wouldnt turn , i had a perfect size screwdriver so it never slipped on any of the screws however the 4th screw eventualy turned but rather than unscrew it was turning the captive nut which had come away due to the force exerted by trying to turn the screw .

I contacted the distributor and explained the problem which they understood but said that they were not sure if it would be covered under warrenty . I explained that there was nothing i or anyone could have done to avoid it hapening as the screws were either over torques during assembly or there has been galvanic reaction between the aluminium case and the steel screws possibly from being stored incorrectly . I think they feel that as i had caused the problem by breakinf away the captive nut then it was my fault and not Victrons

The product was sold as new for normal price , it was not discounted or on offer so i expected it to be new and usable .

whatsapp-image-2024-02-07-at-081952.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2024-02-07-at-092108.jpeg

warranty
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There's an escalation process via the dealer's distributor/sales manager. I'll find the link.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Insist they take it back and replace. It's also old stock, made in 2021.

2 |3000

ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Thanks Kev , does that mean its also the old model and theres a later model , i can see that there are differences , the fan arangment is the most opbviouse , when i buy something and pay ful price i assume i wil be getting the latest model which would include any modifications or impovments Managed to remove front plate by removing a side screw and the captive nut can be seen now , even with a good pair of pliers it the screw wil not turn any more then the couple of turns it made before stopping .

img-20240207-121655.jpg

img-20240207-121718.jpg

img-20240207-122220.jpg

I realy need this Inverter so i am wondering if Victron would concider sending me a front panel , the small angled piece that has the captive nut and a screw , if so then i could use the equipment and simply fir the new parts when they arive . Would be cheaper than shipping it back and repairing then shipping to me again after .

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic