question

impala-dk avatar image
impala-dk asked

RCD and multiplus in mobilhome

I am having some trouble with my multiplus installed in a autocamper. The load in is protected with a 13A AC fuse. The line out is connected with a RCD and a 10A AC fuse. The grounding wires is all connected.

It's inverting from battery supply without any problems. When connecting shore power the RCD disconnect and the multiplus is starting charging. When turning the RCD on again, the shore line RCD disconnect and the multiplus starts inverting.

Any idea what's the problem?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

You may have a neutral ground bond downstream in one of your loads or wiring.

Before you had your Victron inverter, did you plug your camper into the shore line and the RCD did not trip?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

impala-dk avatar image
impala-dk answered ·

Thanks for your input. Today I did some further checks. I started disconnecting the cables from "AC out". When I turn the multi on it starts inverting of course with 0 W output (no load). As soon the "AC in" is connected the multiplus stops inverting and start charging only. In this setup the RCD on the shore line dont trip.

3 comments
2 |3000

ben avatar image ben ♦ commented ·

Hmm.

Did you configure your multiplus with veconfigure? Can you post your configuration settings here? Just take screen captures of all the pages.

I think there's a chance the downstream issue (that you have now isolated and taken out of circuit) is the inadvertent ground bond I mentioned earlier. You didn't answer my question about it, however.

You should work with a qualified installer or your dealer to get help setting up this system.

0 Likes 0 ·
impala-dk avatar image impala-dk commented ·

Thanks again for your input and time. Really appriciated. Problem is now solved! You were right there was actually a bad wire connection with broken insulation, which I identified and corrected. Then i resat the multiplus, and made the appropiate settings again, and now it runs perfect.

So I am a happy man!

0 Likes 0 ·
ben avatar image ben ♦ impala-dk commented ·

Nice work. Glad to hear it was easy to track down. (Sometimes they are very hard to find.)

0 Likes 0 ·