question

johnwater avatar image
johnwater asked

on a boat have one start, one house

confused on "midpoint" diagrams and just need a clarification please. is this wiring the same as batteries in Series? I have 2 -12 volt batteries used to create 24volts and want to monitor current going out when using troll motor.and each battery is charged back to full when I come back from fishing and connect to charger/shore power.or should I see a different diagram? thanks jphn

voltage drop
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Johnwater Where does the "one house" battery fit into your post?

Re mid point monitoring of your troll batteries, check out diagram 7 of the Quick install guide.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnwater avatar image
johnwater answered ·

sorry didnt mean to put this in the one house thread.looking to connect my 2 12 volt batteries for my troll motor on boat, just need a diagram or a description of hook up to smart shunt.

John

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Negative goes to the load side of the shunt. If the aux connection on the shunt isn't being used, you can use it to monitor the voltage .
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic