I have the following system working in my van:

900W solar panels

Victron MPPT 100/50

Victron Orion 12/12/30

Victron SmartShunt

Victron Cerbo GX

and would like to connect a:

Multiplus II 12/3000

I have everything wired but haven't turned the Multiplus on. I've read that there is a special procedure for connecting a Multiplus for the first time, but I can't find instructions. Can someone help?

Right now my working system is temporarily connected to a 95Ah AGM 12V battery, which is of the same type as the starter battery for my van. The permanent battery will arrive in a couple of weeks: it is a 460Ah 12V Lithium iron phosphate.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
thanar avatar image
thanar answered ·

Apart from what’s on the manual, I don’t think there’s anything exceptional about connecting the Multiplus. Maybe precharge the inverter, but I don’t remember huge sparks with this model, and I’ve put online a few.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tony-m avatar image
tony-m answered ·

@thanar thank you for the response. Yes, "pre-charging" is a term that I have seen. From your response, it seems perhaps my model may not require pre-charging and maybe that's why I didn't see anything about that in the manual (or just missed it)?

I'm hoping to be directed to instructions somewhere.

Also, does it make sense to initially connect it to my temporary 95Ah AGM battery (for testing) or should I wait until the permanent 460Ah lithium iron phosphate battery arrives? I've spent weeks testing all the other items and they're all working as expected as I await my permanent battery. But I recognize that the Multiplus is more complex

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Testing with the AGM is ok. You'll need to set the battery parameters for this and remember to switch back to lithium settings when you install that. I wouldn't try heavy loads on such a small battery, though.
0 Likes 0 ·