question

chrisriche avatar image
chrisriche asked

Screws for plug-in display module don't hold

I just received a SmartSolar 150/60 unit and a plug-in display module (along with a bunch of other related Victron parts) for a Burning Man solar system that will then be added to a building afterwards.

However, the screws to hold the plugin display module don't hold. I tried both the ones that came with the module as well as the ones that originally were there for the cover plate, and both sets just spin with no grip. Given what and how we are building, I'd like the plug-in module to not fall out.

It seems like there is no direct channel to Victron Support, so I thought I'd just ask here. Any quick help would be greatly appreciated. We're feeling a bit tight on time. Thanks!

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @chrisriche

Your Victron distributor / dealer is the one who can help you with these issues.

If you're not sure who your distributor is, you can find it on this page:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisriche avatar image chrisriche commented ·

Just some feedback as a new buyer of Victron products...

The "Support" page tells me to RTFM and contact the seller, the seller told me to contact Victron, upon contacting Victron Sales (since there appeared to be no support email) to get out of that useless circle, I got a reply with no text and literally just a link to...the support page. So then, I post the question to the community and get told to...contact the seller.

For context, I bought a 150/60 controller, the remote battery sensor, the optional display, and a 220a battery disconnect. All for a small 1KW test system to see how it can all work with other gear for a bigger system for use next year, and for some small issue everyone is telling me to talk to everyone else.

Not the experience I had hoped for...

So, not a surprise, I just returned the controller for another one.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ chrisriche commented ·

Hi Chris, I’m sorry to hear that.

I’ll contact you privately; it really is the dealer to help you. And if they don’t then we need to know so we can discuss/train/help them to improve the process.

Just by reading your statement, you should have received a new unit or another solution. Ofcourse the display should be fixed properly. And I’d like the serial number to check what happened in production.

I’ll email you to discuss these details & thanks for raising this.

Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisriche avatar image chrisriche mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the follow-up. I just replied to your email with the requested information. Let me know if you don't get it. Have a good rest of the day.

Chris

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic