question

stoicescu andrei avatar image
stoicescu andrei asked

multiplus II no generator info on vrm live diagram

Hello,

I have completed an installation on a boat using a MultiplusII. I installed a 220V automatic changeover device on the AC input. This device supports both grid and generator inputs. The grid is the primary option, but if it fails, the device automatically switches to the generator. The generator is remotely started based on the battery’s State of Charge (SOC).

I installed an ET112 on the grid line and configured it as grid AC1 using the Cerbo GX. I also installed a second ET112 on the generator line and set it as AC2 generator through the Cerbo GX.

I downloaded an assistant for the Multiplus to manage the start and stop functions of the generator. The system is functioning well. However, when the generator is running, the live power diagram in the VRM program shows that the generator is operating but does not display any information (watt, hz). Instead, this information appears on the grid side input.

any idea?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @stoicescu andrei

Presuming you're talking 230V single phase here, not 120V split-phase. It's not clear..

The Multiplus can only recognize one ACIN. It can't see your external ATS and know what source it's passing. So the power meters can't be automatically switched to follow a different source.

A Quattro could do this (without the added ATS), and the settings you may be expecting to function are likely intended for Quattro. The resultant reporting you may need to live with. You could consider shifting the second ET112 to the ATS outlet and allocating that as a total, but that mightn't do what you want either.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stoicescu andrei avatar image stoicescu andrei commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·