question

p-carroll avatar image
p-carroll asked

Blue Solar MPPT 100/50 no longer charging

Read through many prior questions/answers without finding an answer.

Using the charger (HQ2109CLMQE) with a Smart Dongle since 9/2022 without issue. Have measured with a Volt meter, 20V from my 2 Renogy 100 watt panels and Battle Born battery voltage above 13V at the charger connections. BULK light is on solid, but no charging. Tried removing Solar V then Battery V from the charger, then reversed order reconnected to reset the charger. Same result. Tried resetting charger to factory settings and same results. Any ideas? Thanks

Settings
Battery voltage 12V

Max charge current 50A

Charger enabled Yes

Battery preset Rotary switch Position 7 Lithium

Expert mode Off

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@P Carroll

Does the app give a reason for the charger not charging?

It does sound like the panel is not quite enough to get charging started. 20V open circuit will drop significantly under load. Barely enough to start any kind of charge cycle. How are they connected series or parrallel?

And since you have the BT dongle use that to set the charger for charging the battery born correctly the rotary switch preset will be wrong.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

p-carroll avatar image
p-carroll answered ·

Unfortunately, App gives no reason for charge failure.

Panels connected in parallel and I have verified both are putting out voltage at the solar combiner box on the roof of my motor home. This setup has been working fine since 9/2022 and nothing has changed that I'm aware of.
The app says the charging is set for lithium as it should be.

img-4582.jpeg

img-4582.jpeg (2.4 MiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic