question

Manish Sharma avatar image
Manish Sharma asked

Servers restart in an event of grid failure. - Quattro

1706063056864.png

I have a setup as described above with a Quattro 48/5000/70-100/10 inverter. I've connected various servers on the AC loads end.

Every now and then, when we lose grid power, our servers restart automatically, and then it works fine for the rest of the time. While reviewing the datasheet, I noticed it emphasizes the no-break functionality. The problem occurs approximately once every two weeks. How can I pinpoint the exact issue?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1706063056864.png (77.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Manish Sharma

You will notice the switch over time is less than 20ms. Most servers need under 10ms. So they have ups function but are not the same as a certified ups. Usually for critical applications we have short duration ups on the servers.

What maybe happening is the grid is going out at zero point in the sine wave. So may possibly explain the intermittent restart.

How tight do you have the voltage range? And the ups function is checked? How else is it programmed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.