question

teddysx3 avatar image
teddysx3 asked

Multiplus 2 3000VA no charge due to low battery

Hello everyone,

I had a situation the other day, my batteries were very low, the whole system was shut off, probably the low voltage cut off was reached.

I decided to plug in to shore power to charge the system - nothing. Started to check everywhere if there was voltage, everything looked fine. My Multiplus switch is set up in the "ON" position from the switch. I also run a Cerbo GX, and I turn ON and OFF the inverter from there. I'm not sure if the inverter was on during the drainage of the batteries, or OFF. Could it be if it was OFF, that the shore power could not charge the batteries, because the inverter is not in ON (charge) mode?

The way I got around that, is that I have an Orion DC/DC charger, I switched it on and some power came on, and I don't remember if I had to turn on the Multiplus from the Cerbo Touch, but got it to charge.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If the batteries are LFP, the BMS would have disconnected them. Can be difficult charging when this happens as the system checks for healthy batteries fail and prevent charge. You'll see in the specs/brochures if a charger can handle this.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

teddysx3 avatar image teddysx3 commented ·

Yes, the batteries are LFP, sorry I did not mention that. BMS could has disconnected them but...

Well I was left under the impression that this product from Victron, the Multiplus 2 3000VA, is a product that can "wake" up dead/sleeping batteries. It has a 120A charge current, quality product so it was really strange to me that it did not wake them up using shore power.

What woke them up was the shitty Orion 30A, instantly :D

0 Likes 0 ·