question

neilwhittal avatar image
neilwhittal asked

PV stays on 0, Grid provides AC loads

Hi. I have managed to piece together the following system in South Africa: 1 x MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100, Color Control GX , SmartSolar Charger MPPT 250/100 and 4 350watt panels connected in series. I have the ESS assitant running and want to set up so that PV runs as much loads as possible, to be subsidized with mains and batteries as back up. Batteries are unfortunately lead acid which was based on bad advice. 8 x 100 A/H but are all new. I have the ESS set on keep batteries fully charged but note that when AC loads are being drawn, PV stays on zero and Grid provides power. At other times PV provides some assistance to the AC loads but only really when batteries are being topped up in the float state or when AC loads are around 2000 watts. If I drop SOC to anything below 100%, PV becomes active all the time. Being lead acid batteries, I dont want to constantly draw off battery power if I can help it, I want the batteries for back up only with the intention of increasing my solar yield with more panels. Here in SA, it seems that there is little expertise on technical set-up for these units. I am learning bit by bit. Any advise on settings to help would be greatly appreciated.

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi there, have you disabled the grid meter in ESS settings, and enabled DVCC? I am I’m SA, and have more than 250 ESS systems running

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

neilwhittal avatar image neilwhittal commented ·

Hello Murraynated. Grid meter is disabled and DVCC was also disabled. I have assumed and enabled DVCC. There seems to be some action from the PV. I have absolutely no electrical background so thank you for this. Much appreciated. I am sure you are in high demand.

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan neilwhittal commented ·

Awesome, let me know if you need help!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic