question

on-island-off-grid avatar image
on-island-off-grid asked

find out information on connecting my 2 x 48V 100AH BATTERY 8D to my victron system

Trying to find out information on how to connect my 2 x 48V 100AH BATTERY – 8D to my victron system to communicate the built in heat temperature. I have a 48v Multi plus II and Cerbo gx.

img-4728.jpegimg-4729.jpegimg-4730.jpeg

victron products48v battery
img-4728.jpeg (3.6 MiB)
img-4729.jpeg (3.1 MiB)
img-4730.jpeg (3.1 MiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

What Victron system do you have? Please list all parts exactly.

0 Likes 0 ·
on-island-off-grid avatar image on-island-off-grid kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

At the moment we have no solar just the multi plus II and cerbo gx with 2 x Volthium self heating 48v 100 ah batteries img-4730.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4730.jpeg (3.1 MiB)
on-island-off-grid avatar image on-island-off-grid kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

img-4728.jpeg

img-4729.jpeg

Full system until spring when we see the sun again. We also have a Honda EU3000is generator connected with auto start.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4728.jpeg (3.6 MiB)
1 Answer
dc-marine avatar image
dc-marine answered ·

Contact Volthium they will get you a little black box (Volthium Communication Hub) to convert their BMS Canbus over to BMS.Can using the communication ports on your batteries. The batteries will automatically show up on your Cerbo with all data (voltage, current, SoC, temperature, capacity, etc). It will also allow the BMS to talk with the Victron equipment.

Alternatively, if you use the Multi temperature sensor, it will give the GX device a battery temp reading that should be shared toward the other chargiing equipment (such as your future solar controller).

victron-network-copie.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic