question

hansgeorgk avatar image
hansgeorgk asked

GX Device relay use

Hi,

according to this doc

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Automatic_Generator_start-stop/en/which-relay-and-control-to-use-.html

there are different was for Generator start/stop depending on the GX device I have.

On a raspi, which has no relay connected, I can see all the nice features available and I getting very jealous because I only have virtual switch or Assistant available only my Easysolar GX II.

Wouldn't it be possible to make the advanced Relay features available to all GX devices? I would like to use the Generator Relay in Node Red and connect it to a smart relay, such as a shelly.

cheers
HG

Generator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Hi @hansgeorgk

Could you not just activate the shelly via http node in node red. Rather than needing a wire to switch the shelly on. (or MQTT if you prefer that).

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
hansgeorgk avatar image
hansgeorgk answered ·

I am not planning to do any physical wiring at all. I want to use the output of the Relay function in node red. And I also want to be able to use the advanced feature that are available in the Relay function, such as quiet hours etc. Those are available already and I do not want to re-invent in node red :-) .

makes sense?

bildschirmfoto-2024-01-05-um-215451.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Sorry I'm miss understanding:

So the relay is turned on under specific conditions? And then you want those conditions to also turn on remote shelly switches? And will do so by reading relay state?

My point was more why read the relay output when you can read the conditions directly in node red. Given you'll need that to turn on the shelly anyway?

Or are you saying that defining those conditions in node red is more effort than reading the relay outputs? (I'm following if that's the case)

0 Likes 0 ·